Sunday, May 9, 2010

Coming Soon! Marilyn Monroe in "Fragments"



I am pretty excited to share with all of you that there will be a new book out in the fall about Marilyn Monroe.  I am pretty excited about this because to be perfectly honest, I don't know that much about her.  I have always found her to be one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen yet have never taken the opportunity to learn about her as a person.  I suppose this sounds sort of silly considering she is a celebrity and we can't really know someone by reading about them.  But I think I am going to take the opportunity when this book releases to learn about the "legend of" Marilyn Monroe.

"Fragments" is due to release October 2010.  It will be published by Farrar, Straus & Giroux and edited by Courtney Hodell.  "Fragment" will be an assortment of letters, lists, notes, journal entries, rare photos, and more.  Some parts of the book will be copies of original documents in Marilyn's handwriting.  All content comes from the priod between her teen years (starting in 1943) and her tragic death in her L.A. home in 1962, when she was only 36. 

A biography about Marilyn entitled "The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe" by J. Randy Taraborelli was released in August 2009 with the hardcover due out this summer.  Taraborelli also wrote well received biographies about Michael Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor, and Madonna. 


No comments:

Post a Comment