Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mel... e-reads! (Kobo Style)


Just a little FYI for those of you who don't follow me on Twitter...  I purchased a Kobo e-reader the other day (the last one available for a few weeks).  Unfortunately I am stuck with black because white (or porcelain as they call it) is sold out.  The Kobo is the newest edition to the growing wealth of e-readers on the market.  It is brought to you by Chapters-Indigo & Borders, and will soon be challenged (May 28th 2010 to be exact) by the highly anticipated iPad from the competitive folks at Apple.  The major appeal is the simplicity of the product (it is just for reading) and the fantastic price of $149.00.  Also... it's pretty.

When I finish my paper copy of "The Unit" (which is really good so far by the way!) I will be reading my first ever e-book, although I am not sure yet what it will be.  The first time needs to be special, intimate, and deeply satisfying.  So hang tight because I will let you know if the Kobo is a no-go. And e-reading in general for that matter.

Also, I am taking a lot of flack for buying an e-reader to begin with, so if you are an e-reader then please let me know what you love about e-reading so that I can properly defend myself. 

I am also accepting tips on how to read the Kobo in the bath.  Someone suggested a Ziplock baggy, but where is the romance in that?

Thoughts anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment